Sacramental Program for 2018
In our diocese, the Diocese of Broken Bay (www.dbb.org.au), the order of reception of the sacraments is Baptism, Confirmation, Reconciliation and then Communion.
The preparation for each of these sacraments involves enrolment, an initial Parent Information Meeting and a preparation program led by parent volunteers.
- Confirmation: If your child is Baptised and is in year 2 or older, they are eligible for participation in the Confirmation program. Generally, the children are Confirmed in Term 2 of year 2, and then complete sacraments of Reconciliation (Confession) and First Eucharist (Communion) the following year.
- Pymble Catholic Parish is running its’ Confirmation program in Term 2 of 2018. Confirmation will be held on the 23rd of June 2018.
- Bookings for this sacrament are able to be made via www.trybooking.com.
- Attendance by one parent at “The Parent Information Evening” is required to confirm enrolment. This is on Tuesday the 8th of May at 7.30pm at Sacred Heart.
- Reconciliation & Communion: If your child is Baptised, Confirmed and is in year 3 or older, they are eligible for participation in the Reconciliation and First Communion program. Attendance at “The Parent Information Evening” is required to confirm enrolment on Tuesday the 8th of August at 730pm at Sacred Heart. (Note: this is a combined parent evening for both Reconciliation and Communion.)
- First Reconciliation (Confession) is required prior to First Communion. First Reconciliation will be on Tuesday 11th September at Sacred Heart and on Wednesday 12th September at OLPS.
- Communion: First Communion will be on the 11th November at 1130am at OLPS and on the 18th November at Sacred Heart.
Registrations for each of the sacraments are generally due the term prior to when they occur. Each program is run as a family-centered program in order to best accommodate the ever changing needs of those in our community.